terça-feira, 15 de maio de 2012

Cradle Mountain - Day 2

Second day in Cradle Mountain, the plan was to climb to the summit. But the weather forecast messed everything up and instead of sun, we woke up to a cloudy, rainy, windy day. At the visitors center we were advised not to go up to the summit, in case the climb to Marions Lookout was difficult. So, we proceeded to Marions. The walk started with a view of Lake Lilla.
On the way to the top, no sign of the sun :(
The "enemy" was there though, following our every move to the backpack pockets!
Stina and Sofia
And we got there!
This was the view...
So we figured, going to the top would be a useless effort and risk, specially when there were so many nice views to see elsewhere
And I guess it was a good decision. The clouds didn't leave the summit for the whole day, but we had the company of a rainbow ALL DAY LONG :)
In its company we went for several shorter walks
And THIS was how we said good bye to Cradle Mountain!
Maybe I am too much of a city girl (highly doubt it), but after two days on the mountain I needed to get to a town, particularly to a town by the seaside! Thought about driving to Strahan and get a glance of the West Coast, but I realized I would spend 2 hours driving and wouldn't get there before sunset :( Anyway, I took the car and went for a drive, being sure that I wouldn't reach a town before sunset and would therefore not see anything...but the driving felt good! Having the road in the middle of nowhere almost exclusively for me.
Finally, I was back to our bedroom, just in time for dinner  and to get ready for next day drive home.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário